Fruits Basket
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contest of November

4 posters

Go down

Which fanfic is the best?

Contest of November Vote_lcap0%Contest of November Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Contest of November Vote_lcap50%Contest of November Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]
Contest of November Vote_lcap50%Contest of November Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 4

Contest of November Empty Contest of November

Post  Tohru Mon Nov 12, 2007 2:42 pm

During this contest you'll have to write a fanfic.

Subject: Lovers with a happy ending.

The list of competitors:
1. Noah : Kyo & Tohru
2. Nyuka : Kyo & Yuki
3. Smurfje : Hatori & Kana

At November 22th this topic will be closed and you may vote.

Post your fanfic here. If I see that you've used the fanfics which are already posted, you're qualified.

Last edited by on Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tohru
Tohru
Admin
Admin

Female Number of posts : 415
Registration date : 2007-05-16

https://fruitsbasket.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Contest of November Empty Re: Contest of November

Post  Smurfje Fri Nov 16, 2007 4:07 pm

Come and see, my first fanfic! I originally wrote it for the contest with the subject: "What would’ve happened if Hatori and Kana had permission to get married?" so for this contest added a happy ending to my original story. I know that the ending sux >.> I like the original ending better. Anyway, R&R please!

Cold as snow

What would’ve happened if Hatori and Kana had permission to get married?

“Ayamane…Ayamane…AYAMANE!!!” Hatori shouted as quiet as possible through the stuffed church. Ayamane ripped his eyes of a woman in a red dress.
“Yes, Tori-san?”
“Now would be a GREAT time for the rings, Ayamane Sohma” Hatori said impatiantly. He looked appologising to Kana, who sent him a serene smile which told him everything was going to be ok. He relaxed a little bit and smiled back. What would he be without her?

Hatori let his eyes travel over her body. She wore a white wedding dress, snow white, as she preferred to say. It remembered him of the time she asked him what snow becomes when it melts. “Water, of course” he logically answered.
“Wrong!” she said cheerfully. “It becomes spring!”

“Coming, nephew!” Ayamane’s hoverfly voice disturbed his reflection, and he saw his nephew hopping to Kana, the priest and himself. He lay two rings down in the hand Hatori held up.

Hatori looked at the two ugliest rings he’d ever seen.
“Ayamane!” he whispered with restrained anger, “Where are the rings Kana and I picked out?”
“Ah…uhm…well…uhmm…” Ayamane stumbled “The uhm… dog ate them.”

Silence

“The DOG ate them? We don’t even have a…oh no, don’t tell me Shigure…” His eyes searched for Shigure, who gave him a helpless puppy-eye look. He was just about to ask him how the hell he could’ve eaten his rings, when a sweet, yet clear voice made an abrupt ending to his intentions of sending Shigure to an asylum.

“Will you, Hatori Sohma, marry me with this ring, and promise to be loyal to me for ever?” Kana said with her sweet voice.
“What? Uhm…yes, I will. And will you…”
“Yes, I will promise to be loyal to you forever, Hatori Sohma” she said with her serene voice and putted the ring on Hatori’s finger. He did the same by her. The priest looked like he saw Jesus doing the Hokey Pokey, but he managed to change his expression into a face like he’d marry people every day with rings that looked like they took a vacation to the garbage bag.
“You may now kiss the bride” the priest said as soon as he had given them his blessing. He took a stap back, not entirely capable of showing his disbelieve. Hatori smiled, took Kana’s head in his hands and gently kissed his brand new wife.

Everyone was cheering at the afterparty. Everyone, but Hatori. Not that he wasn’t happy that he married Kana, oh no. It just felt all a little too…easy. Too simple. Akito said a little too fast “OK” in his opinion. But that wasn’t what troubled him the most. He just kept thinking of Akito’s indefinable smile.
Hatori frowned as he watched his wife dancing with Ayamane. Akito was definitely up to something. He saw Ayamane switching from Kana to the woman in the red dress. Kana sat down, heated from the dance.
Hatori’s eyes searched for Akito. He was nowhere to be seen. Hatori sighed, he definitely didn’t feel comfortable. He tried to gain eye-contact with Kana, and succeed. Kana smiled, mouthed “Come over here, sweethart!” and blew him a kiss. Hatori smiled, and catched the kiss. How could he possibly be worrying when he saw her shine like that? But his smile disappeared immediately when he saw a shadow appearing behind her. It was Akito, holding a plate with glasses of wine. He spoke briefly with Kana, and she nodded in response. The head of the Sohma family gave Kana a glass, and suddenly he looked right in Hatori’s eyes and smiled his horrifying smile. Hatori stared back. What was he up to? He frowned. Why would Akito serve drinks? That was far beneath his dignity. Hatori had never seen him carry a plate before, or even serve other people. Could he –
Hatori froze.

“KANA!!!” he yelled as he jumped of his chair and tried to reach her in time. “KANA, DON’T DRINK THE WINE!!!” The rumour was too loud…yet Kana seemed to have heard something, because she turned her face to him. He tried to stop her from drinking to wave at her, but she didn’t understand the message and elegantly waved back. He pushed the crowd away, but they moved too slow, she already moved the glass to her mouth. “No…KANA!!!” he yelled as her lips touched the glass and the liquid slowly entered her mouth. He was now so close that he could see her eyes widening before she collapsed on the floor, leaving a red spot of whine on her snow white wedding dress. Hatori finally reached her. “Throw it up, throw it up, Kana!” he yelled.
“Hatori…”Kana whispered “Hatori, I…”
“Say no more, my love, say no more, I am going to get you out of this, I am going to save you!” Hatori cried desperately, because his experienced doctor’s eye already saw that he couldn’t do anything for her anymore. Yet his heart didn’t want to give up on her.
“Hatori” she breathed her last words “You did well…but…I am lost…
She coughed
I feel so cold, Hatori, so cold…It feels like my body is turning slowly into ice cold snow…just…let…me…go

She closed her eyes.

“No!” he moaned. “Never! Listen to me Kana, you can’t die on me like this, not like this!” His voice cracked. “I can’t live without you, can’t you see? Honey, throw it up!” He softly shaked her shoulder. “Kana?” His mind already knew it, but his heart wasn’t going to admit it. “Kana, wake up!” he whispered, and lifted her head into his lap. “Kana…” suddenly he saw that her face was wet. It was not until moments later he realised that it were his tears which were rolling over her face. He caressed her hair while his fingers searched for the vital point in her neck. No heartbeat. Nothing. He had lost her.

Forever.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Three days later

Hatori was lying on his bed, and thought back to the furneral. He didn’t remember much of it. The priest, people saying “I am sorry for your loss”, her chest… oh Lord, her chest…

His thoughts wandered away. How he wished he could see her face just one more time…he turned on his bed, but instead of seeing his desk, he saw Kana, dressed in a simple white dress. Her hair seemed to wave in a non-existed wind, yet her face was as kind as ever. He blinked his eyes, but when he opened them, she was still there. “Kana…are you…is this…real?”
“Oh yes, Hatori” she said.
“This is beyond real.”
She said herself on the edge of his bed.
“Please let me explain…” Hatori nodded. He didn’t think he could bear to speak another word. He wanted to touch her, hold her, feel her, to make sure she was real. But he didn’t. He feared that she’d vanish or-
“It’s ok, Hatori, you can touch me” Kana said, as if she’d read his thoughts, and laid her hand on his cheek.

Then, she spoke.

“It was all part of the plan. On the day before our wedding, Ayamane visited, unannounced, Akito. He wanted to ask if he should wear his baby blue or baby pink suit. Akito didn’t see him coming; you know how Aya can appear so suddenly…he heard Akito talking in himself about an evil plan. A plan…to kill me”
She repressed a sob.
“He called me a…a…” Tears were coursing over her cheeks. Hatori carefully wiped them away.
“It’s ok, I understand” he said softly. You and Aya made a antidote, didn’t you?
“Yes…but-”
“And Aya must’ve gave it to you when you two were dancing, right?”
“Right, Hatori…-”
He jerked his hand away from her cheek and walked to the right side of the room, and stared out of the window.

“Hatori, Ayamane and I discussed this very long. I was against not telling you about our plan, but Ayamane insisted on it. He was afraid your reaction wouldn’t be so…genuine. “He –“
“Kana” Hatori said with a voice she couldn’t place.
He turned around, and when he faced her, she could see his eyes were full of emotion.
“It’s snowing”

Kana’s eyes gleamed

“You know what snows becomes when it melts?” she asked, as she approached him.
Hatori’s hands reached for her to pull her closer, still searching for the proof of her existence.
“Why would I care about cold snow, when the warmth of spring is lying in my arms?”

THE END
Smurfje
Smurfje
Friend
Friend

Female Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2007-05-22

Back to top Go down

Contest of November Empty My wonderful fanfic...ugh ugh

Post  Noah Thu Nov 22, 2007 9:42 pm

Oh well, it's maybe a little bit too light Kyo/Tohru, but I thought it was cute. Sorry I posted late, but here is it!
(it doesn't have a name btw, not yet anyway)

‘Ugh...’
Kyo Sohma the Third, the soon to be king, was bored. The palace, the ballrooms, the maids, he knew them all. He has traveled all over the world, knew every single spot of his room and eat the most delicious food of the whole country. He could have every entertainment he wanted, from presticious theater plays to arena fights to watch. His hand was always filled with money, and his bed was made of platina gold. He had everything he wanted, yet nothing. Life was full and yet so empty. He found himself thinking that this wasn’t what he wanted. He found himself staring out of the window, thinking of other places, other people, other memories, an other life. Not that his father would let him go.
‘Uhm...sir?’
He awakened from his slumber when a girl’s voice interrupted it. He opened his eyes and his met a pair of two brown ones. That looks...beautiful.
‘See! He’s awake!’ a loud voice from above him yelled. ‘Y-yes.’ The brown-eyed girl in front of him smiled faintly. She had long brown hair and a pink ribbon which folded a brown streak together. She wore a white, simple dress and was holding a basket with some fruits in it. Kyo suddenly realized he was still wearing his outside clothes, he didn’t look like a prince at all.
He tilted his head to see what was above him.
‘Hey dumbass, don’t go sleepin’ in the royal garden!’ The girl above him was nothing like the brown-eyed. She had long blond hair and an arrogant attitude. She too had a basket.
‘And who are you?’ Kyo asked curiously. They couldn’t be the gardeners could they?
‘Arisa Uotani!’ the blond one almost yelled and nodded to the other girl while saying: ‘And that’s Tohru Honda.’
‘Please do not forget me, Uo-chan.’
‘Oh yeah, that’s right, that girl over there is Saki Hanajima.’
A black-haired girl suddenly appeared out of nowhere. She wore all black and her gaze was.....scary. Yikes. They’re not...
‘Do you guys come from the...village?’
‘Ofcourse! Although we thought we were the only ones who knew of the secret entrance. Well, guess we have to share the secret, huh?’
They are from the village! Do they just sneak in and...steal fruit? That sounds reasonable. It’s a wonder the guards never caught them though.

‘However, we better get our ass out of here!’ Uotani turned her face away from him and began to run towards the bushes. ‘Yes...’ The Hanajima girl followed her. The brown-eyed girl remained.
‘S-sir?’
‘Oh no, just say eh...Kyo. Okay?’
‘Yes Kyo-kun!’
Kyo began to notice how the sun made her hair light brown and felt a tingling feeling he didn’t experience before. ‘Will you go with us, Kyo-kun?’
Tohru, as he already called her in his mind, gave him a questionable look as she turned to the same direction the others went. Suddenly he realized it. This was the moment. He could, now he really could...
‘You mean, go to...the village?’
‘Yes!’
I’m free. I could just go with this girl and be free. He grabbed the grass beneath him and looked at Tohru as if she was God herself. He didn’t have to live this life anymore. He didn’t need to be king. He didn’t need to be like this anymore. ‘Kyo-kun?’ He could do what he really wanted. He could escape the empty halls of the palace, the boredom of his life, he could taste the real life, experience everything that he always wanted to experience. Now, he could finally...
‘Kyo-kun?’
Tohru stood before him, as he still gazed into the distance. She looked a bit worried. ‘Are you allright? We should really go now.’ Kyo looked her in the eyes.
‘I’m free.’
Tohru smiled reassuringly. ‘Of course you are, Kyo-kun.’ He felt as if he was reborn. Looking for one more time at the palace, he turned and took Tohru’s hand.
‘Let’s go.’
Tohru blushed slightly and nodded. She was cute, allright. Maybe one day he could live with this girl somewhere far away. He didn’t know, the idea appealed to him. He did had to find a wedding treasure somewhere, and some place to work. Work...he had to work from now on. Maybe a something with fighting, his old teachers always praised him for his fighting technics. Yeah, that sounded fun.
Life was going to be full afterall he thought when he felt Tohru’s warm hand in his.

~End
Noah
Noah

Female Number of posts : 191
Registration date : 2007-05-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Nyuka Mon Nov 26, 2007 1:50 pm

Writing this made me a bit sad.. >__> I suppose it has the same sort of ending like Smurfje's.. It's a somewhat good ending.. But it could've been happier XD XD XD

It's my first songfic ever ^o^

It's the song 'True colors' by 'Phil Collins'
It's a very beautiful and a bit of a sad song..

-----------------------------------------

Outside, the snow was falling. The room was dark, no light had been lit, and in the corner, just behind his bed, sat Kyo. His eyes followed several snowflakes just before they had reached the ground and his mind was empty. It had to be empty. If he started to try and think, all he could hear were the shouts and murmurs of disgust behind him. Following him.

A single tear traced his cheek.

You with the sad eyes
Don't be discouraged
Oh I realize
It's hard to take courage
In a world full of people
You can lose sight of it all
And the darkness, inside you
Can make you feel so small

It had happened during new years. Everybody had been there, and for a change, Kyo had been invited to enter the building as well. He had been happy. He though he had been acknowledged, finally, but everything turned out to be a scheme invented by Akito. Akito had taken off his bracelet, in front of everyone, and they were terrified and moved back in horror.

But he couldn’t help but wonder… Why hadn’t Yuki done so as well? He had been one of the few that remained silent and he had a very gentle look in his eyes. As if he was trying to tell him not to be afraid.

But I see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
And that's why I love you
So don't be afraid to let them show
Your true colors
True colors are beautiful,
Like a rainbow

But now he was here, alone in his room. And everything was dark, no light had been lit, and there he sat in the corner. Just behind his bed. And he closed his eyes.

Then there was a soft, warm feeling on his cheek, a hand and he opened his eyes and looked up. Softly shining because of the dim glow of the snowflakes, Yuki’s eyes looked down at him. Those eyes carried an understanding of his pain and a small, somewhat sad, smile graced his lips.

He kneeled down, and hugged him.

Show me a smile then,
Don't be unhappy, can't remember
When I last saw you laughing
If this world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know I'll be there

A white hand gently wiped away his tears, a pair of soft lips carefully kissed his forehead and a pair of arms then wrapped themselves around him.

He was safe and secure.

In his arms he was just a mere boy. A boy that happened to have a history and that carried a fate which was unwillingly given to him.

He understood.

And he loved him.

And I'll see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
Your true colors
Like a rainbow

So sad eyes
Discouraged now
Realize

When this world makes you crazy
And you've taken all you can bear
You call me up
Because you know I'll be there

A hand cupped his cheek and lifted up his face.

And I'll see your true colors
Shining through
I see your true colors
Your true colors
True colors, true colors

Cos there's a shining through
I see your true colors
Your true colors, true colors
Beautiful, like a rainbow

They kissed.
Nyuka
Nyuka
Junishi
Junishi

Female Number of posts : 657

http://www.websitemaker.kennisnet.nl/thedragonship

Back to top Go down

Post  Tohru Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:21 pm

Beautiful, beautiful! Really... I've no words for it at all. They are all really nice. It was hard to choose, but I think I like the fanfic of Smurfje the most.

Sorry I haven't wrote a fanfic, but I really had no time. Maybe next time. Sorry!
Tohru
Tohru
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfje Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:43 pm

I vote for Nyuka's fanfic! <3
Smurfje
Smurfje
Friend
Friend

Back to top Go down

Post  Nyuka Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:08 am

erm erm.. I think I accidentally voted for Smurfje V_V'l.. Im not sure, but I think so.. I wanted to view the results so..

>___>
I hadn't thought it over yet.. So I wanted to think for a bit..

So..
I dunno who voted.. Did Noah vote??
I know Smurfje en Tohru-san voted.. But if Noah didn't.. then I did V_V'l...

goddammit...

erm.. does my vote count now?
Nyuka
Nyuka
Junishi
Junishi

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfje Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:33 pm

Nyuka wrote:erm erm.. I think I accidentally voted for Smurfje V_V'l.. Im not sure, but I think so.. I wanted to view the results so..

>___>
I hadn't thought it over yet.. So I wanted to think for a bit..

So..
I dunno who voted.. Did Noah vote??
I know Smurfje en Tohru-san voted.. But if Noah didn't.. then I did V_V'l...

goddammit...

erm.. does my vote count now?

Frankly, I don't think you voted for me ^^ Because, when I posted my last reply, I had two votes, and you had one. Now I still have two votes, and you have now also two votes. So or you voted for yourself, or you had Noah's vote...or someone else's vote ^^
Smurfje
Smurfje
Friend
Friend

Back to top Go down

Post  Nyuka Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:26 am

I noticed now ^^

>__> I may seem like a hypocrite.. But I indeed voted for myself XD XD XD I suppose it's only because it was my first songfic and it came out alright ^^

Lets make a clear rule then ^^ Next time you HAVE to vote someone else.. We didn't have that rule this time, right? And if we did.. I didn't notice >__>..

so anyways..we're 50/50 XD
Nyuka
Nyuka
Junishi
Junishi

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfje Sun Dec 09, 2007 12:52 pm

Nyuka wrote:I noticed now ^^

>__> I may seem like a hypocrite.. But I indeed voted for myself XD XD XD I suppose it's only because it was my first songfic and it came out alright ^^

Lets make a clear rule then ^^ Next time you HAVE to vote someone else.. We didn't have that rule this time, right? And if we did.. I didn't notice >__>..

so anyways..we're 50/50 XD

Hihi! Yes, yes! We both win!!! Very Happy (right, Admin? Smile)
Smurfje
Smurfje
Friend
Friend

Back to top Go down

Post  Nyuka Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:20 pm

~Silence

I believe Tohru-san is goooonnneee

O_________________________________________O

Check out mah new Jap lessons btw XD
Nyuka
Nyuka
Junishi
Junishi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tohru Tue Dec 11, 2007 1:52 pm

Sorry, sorry, sorry.. I was gone for a little while..

Too busy with other things.. But alright, you both won. Very Happy
Tohru
Tohru
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfje Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:17 pm

Tohru wrote:Sorry, sorry, sorry.. I was gone for a little while..

Too busy with other things.. But alright, you both won. Very Happy

A-we-some!!! Allrighty then!!! Very Happy

And have we won something? ^.^
Smurfje
Smurfje
Friend
Friend

Back to top Go down

Post  Nyuka Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:43 pm

:begs for icecream or Golden Power(energy drink):

O_____O

Manga is good too XD XD XD

A new contest (but then for December) would be nice too ^__^
Nyuka
Nyuka
Junishi
Junishi

Back to top Go down

Post  Tohru Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:12 pm

I promised to make a nice pic for you of the couple you wrote.

But please give me some time.. I´m very busy with a lot of things. I promise, soon it´ll be yours.

xx
Tohru
Tohru
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Noah Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:54 pm

Congratulations Nyuka and Smurfje!